North Cheshire Mission Statement
To be a mutually supportive group of churches
encouraging faithful discipleship, worship and mission.
Our aim is to reflect on the gospel of God's love in Christ and to lead people in responding faithfully to it.
The Circuit pursues these goals by:
- Deploying ordained ministers to share in the leadership of worship, pastoral care and mission;
- Facilitating public worship and overseeing its leadership;
- Enabling paid and voluntary lay staff to engage in mission and assist in administration;
- Providing and enabling training to equip people for discipleship, worship and mission;
- Enabling local churches to share in funding the costs of mission and ministry within the circuit, in the wider Methodist Church, and with ecumenical partners;
- Helping local churches to work together to address mission needs and opportunities;
- Encouraging and challenging local churches to participate in the mission of the Methodist Church and other partners.
The Circuit exercises its oversight of our common life in the light of the Methodist Church's 'Our Calling' and the 'Our Calling Priorities'.